Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sustainability Visit Blog Post

Last Thursday Adriana, Cindy, and I visited the Farmers Market in Chula Vista. I interviewed a man who sold produce there named Kevin. His response to my questions are listed below.

1) What is your name and your role here at the Farmers Market?
My name is Kevin, and i sell produce here at the farmers market.

2) Why do you choose to sell you produce here?
Well its a well known farmers market and a lot of people come here looking for fresh produce so I'm here to sell it to them.

3) When did you first start coming here?
about fifteen years now.

4) Do you garden at home?
somewhat, here and there.

5) Do you work for a produce company?
i work for RVR farms in Carlsbad.

6) Would you recommend others to shop here why or why not?
Yes because the food is healthier and the produce is fresher with less chemicals that would be in produce bought from stores.

_________________________________
Reflection
1) Well iv been to this farmers market before so i knew what to expect but i found it interesting how there was a variety of different things being sold there like fruits, vegetables, flowers and home made arts and crafts. It was also interesting to see how many families go shopping at places like this.

2) I noticed that there wasn't anything too expensive, everything i saw seemed pretty affordable.

3) My mom purchased some stuff while we visited and she seemed to really like it so yes i think we'll be visiting the farmers market more often.

5 comments:

  1. Bianca,

    I liked it how you told the people that would look at your blog that there aren't just foods sold at a farmers market, but that people sell home made crafts and different things.

    It made me think when you said that there was nothing to expensive, and that it was affordable, because when I was reading Karina's blog post, she said there were more expensive things than others?

    In your interview, how did you feel about the person, do you think they really care about the market and the food?

    Jadon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bianca,

    One thing I liked was that even though you already have been to the farmers market you reflected about the new things that you noticed this time.

    Something that made me think was when you said there were a lot of people that went to the farmers market, this made me think of why the markets are still so popular and GMOs and such are still such a huge secret?

    I really liked how the man said that more people should shop because I agree with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you've been there before so when you got there you did know what to expect, but since that was my first time going there I expected somthing totally different. Something that made me think was that you said things were not too expensive, and that it was pretty afordable. Yeah its afordable but not as cheap as they would be in the grocery store

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked how when you said, "My mom purchased some stuff while we visited and she seemed to really like it so yes i think we'll be visiting the farmers market more often." because that made me visualize how your mom got convinced on how it was.

    and i agree that nothing was really expensive cause where i went it wasn't expensive either

    and i would like to know what he gardens at home tho it made me wonder what they think is convenient to garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the part that said that you have already been there and you should already know the place and were all the food is.

    What made me think a lot is that you said that the food can be affordable, but what I saw is that not all the food was affordable to many people.

    I really like how you said that how can families go to this places when not a lot of families go to this kind of places.

    ReplyDelete